It’s the most stressful time of the year! The holidays can be a whole lot of fun; family & friends, decorations, presents & delicious dinners and desserts. What’s not to love? Except that all of that fun can also put a whole lot of stress on you! Even the idea of buying or selling a home this time of year is inconceivable for most people- the holidays are stressful enough as it is!
What if we told you that selling your home, or buying your dream house didn’t have to put a strain on your holidays! We are here to help you, and make your real estate adventure… dare we say it!? FUN!!!
Here are your monthly Pittsford market numbers:
- There are currently just shy of 115 properties for sale in the town of Greece, ranging from 129k up to 1.4 million- with everything in between! The average price is 332k, but we’d love to help you find the perfect home for your budget!
- Of the 34 homes that are under contract, they were on the market for an average of 27 days- less than a month! Properties in Pittsford often go quickly!
- In the last 90 days 73 properties have sold at 95% of the asking price; we’ve seen about a 10% increase in average sale price in the last quarter of the year. Now is a great time to sell, if you’ve been day dreaming about that upgrade!
- Often some elbow grease ahead of time, can help your home sell faster. Been meaning to freshen up some paint? Carpets need cleaning? Time to declutter? Doing these ahead of time will really help put your best foot forward when showing to potential buyers. Not sure where to start? Your agent is a great resource!
- Landscaping makes a huge impression on potential buyers- but this time of year, it’s hard to show your yard off! Make the most of it, and keep snow shoveled on your drive & walkways. Have a deck? Make sure that is cleared off too!
- With so little daylight during the winter, try to keep lights glowing when you have potential buyers. Making your home feel warm and inviting in during the cold winter months, can make a huge difference!
The two best things you can do before you buy a home are to get pre approved for your mortgage & to find a great agent to work with. Knowing what you can afford & having a smart budget before you start looking can help you look realistically at your options. It can save a lot of heartache by making sure the homes you look at, are within your reach.
And enjoy the process! Dreaming and planning your new home can be a whole lot of fun!
Happy Saturday Pittsford!! Jack Frost certainly made his presence known this week! Winter tends to be a slower season for real estate, but don’t let that stop you from house hunting, or putting your home on the market!
Here’s what we’ve been seeing in the Pittsford market lately:
- In the last 60 days, over 50 homes have gone under contract; they have been selling at around 96% of their asking price.
- The average sale price remained steady from September to October, but we are starting to see a slight increase the first couple weeks of November.
There are currently 150 active listings here in Pittsford; with this selection, you are sure to find the perfect home! The average asking price is 321k, but we are starting to see a lot of activity with properties under the 250 mark. And with interest rates still low, buyers are in a great position to find their dream home!! Get out there, and find the perfect house for you & your family; we’d love to help you narrow down the field! And just think! If you buy a home this holiday season, you’ll be all settled and ready to enjoy your summer vacation!!!
A lot of people don’t want to try to sell their house near the end of the year- we can understand that, who wants the added stress of selling a home over the holidays? But did you know there are some great advantages to selling your property in November or December?
- You have less competition. In the winter months, inventory is lower, which can result in a higher average sale price!
- The people who look for a new home during the holidays are usually pretty motivated buyers. Maybe they want to take advantage of a year-end tax break, or are starting a new job at the first of the year. You’re looking at serious buyers, who won’t waste your time!
- Your home is full of holiday cheer! You have the unique opportunity to paint a picture of what beautiful holidays could look like in your home. Tasteful decorations, maybe a fire going in the fireplace, smells of Christmas cookies baking- all these create an atmosphere that buyers love!
Ready to buy or sell a Pittsford home? Let Christina Feck help; you’ll be surprised how stress-free real estate can be!
At Christina Feck Estate, we believe that the key to success is found in building meaningful relationships. Our goal is to provide you with every resource you need to make the decisions that are best for you. These resources include some of the greatest professionals in the industry. We are proud to introduce you to our mortgage team member, Jerry Frate.
Jerry brings over 24 years of experience to the banking industry and has extensive knowledge of every aspect of the process. Because he is extremely attentive to client needs, he is able to offer his clients powerful financing solutions, not only for mortgage programs but for refinancing and maintaining excellent credit, as well.
Jerry is a life long resident of Rochester and currently resides in Webster. He is active in his community, consistently supporting the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and has made an impact to his industry by his professional involvement in the Women’s Council of Realtors, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors and the Mortgage Bankers Association.
In his free time, you can find him perfecting his golf game at Midvale, boating or supporting local sports and businesses. Some of his favorites include Bay St. Hotel in Sodus Point, Inn on the Lake in Canandaigua, Tony D’s and the Dinosaur BBQ.
As Jerry explains, “Rochester has so much to offer with its innovative industry, affordable housing market and its high standards of excellence in art and entertainment. I am proud to live and work in such a vibrant, diverse community.”
We love our community, and the awesome people who live here. Pittsford is one of the most sought after towns in our area, and that comes as no surprise to us! From our stellar schools, to our local shops, to our active community- we’ve got it all! Are you thinking of making a Pittsford move? We’ve got some real estate marketing insights for you:
There are currently over 150 properties for sale in the Pittsford area; so many opportunities to make your dream home a reality! Think the Pittsford-price-point is out of your range? Don’t think you can’t afford a house on the east side? Think again; there are some wonderful properties here under 150k. If you are looking for something more, there are a wide range of homes listed between 150 thousand and just over a million. There is truly something for everyone.
The kids might be heading back to school soon, but summer is still in full bloom! Parties, picnics, festivals and more! Go on a daycation, staycation and yes, take a vacation, but not from your goal of making a move. If you think your can’t sell your home in the summer? Think again. If you’re like many people, your sitting on the fence waiting for the fall market- but here are some great reasons to dive in today!!
1. Less competition, more value.
In the heat of Spring market, competition was fierce as we said our goodbyes to the Polar Vortex. Inventory remained low and caused many a bidding war. Properties for sale now are listed by motivated sellers that have the same goal you do: making a move. If you wait for fall, you’ll need to put your helmet on and be prepared for a game! During the summer you are less likely to get caught up in a bidding war!
2. Interest Rates are still low!
Crazy low. So, if you are selling and you didn’t get your ideal price or you’re looking at a price reduction, fear not. You’ll make it up on the flip side. According to Keeping Current Matters, if you wait until next year, it will cost you more as the latest survey of financial analysts shows.
3. There’s more time to investigate, negotiate and be creative!
You’ll have time to explore neighborhoods more thoroughly to find out what’s important to you and you’ll have more time to figure out what’s important to the buyer/seller depending on your circumstance. If you own a time share or 2nd home, you can offer a vacation. If you’re currently renting, trade places with the sellers who may need more time to find their own home or build one. There’s no limit to what might work when you have more time to bring a transaction together.
If your property is currently listed, Forbes magazine offers some great selling tips for Summer!:
- Push the inside out. Don’t forget about outdoor living space.
- Keep it green and flowery.
- Keep it cool.
- Offer summer treats!
Christina Feck’s goal is to offer you every real estate and community resource to make the move that’s right for you, no matter what season it is! Enjoy your summer adventures!
Spring has got to be right around the corner, right!? Have you been waiting for warmer weather to start your Pittsford home search? Well don’t wait much longer; we’ve been seeing some great activity in our area over the last 30 days!
Pittsford has had 50 new listings in the last month. Among those 50 properties, you may very well find your dream home! Is your growing family starting to feel a little cramped? Time to upgrade!! Most of the properties listed have 4 bedrooms, but there are plenty of 5 bedroom options, and even a 6 bedroom property! Or maybe you’ve got an empty nest, and something a little cozier is what you have in mind? There are homes with a lovely master bedroom, and just one guestroom to maintain!
The average asking price for the homes listed in the last 30 days is just under 375k, but there are homes to fit all budgets! Think a home in the sought after Pittsford School District is out of reach for your family? There are several family homes available for under 165k.
Or maybe it’s time to sell; have you been waiting for warmer weather? Don’t let Jack Frost stop you!! Over 90 properties have sold or gone under contract since January 1st. Many of those properties had been on the market only for about 30 days; the majority of them were on the market less than 90 days… Imagine, you could have your house sold before the start of summer!
Time to start thinking Spring! And time to start thinking about getting into the perfect home!
Want to learn more about living in Pittsford? Click here to get connected! We’d love to help you get into your dream home!
Happy Saturday Pittsford Peeps!
Pittsford has not only some of the best schools in the Greater Rochester area, but also some of the best public schools in the nation! Check out Pittsford Schools on GreatSchools.org; most of the schools in the Pittsford area districts receive 10 out of 10s!
With such great schools, properties in Pittsford go quickly! If you are interested in providing your children with one of the best public educations possible, look no further than our town! In the last 3o days, there have been 31 new properties listed for sale. 31 flavors, and we are sure one of them will be your taste!
Average price for these new listing is 412k, with properties as low as 100k and the high at just over 1 million. With such diversity, there is something for every home buyer. If you are interested in buying a home in Pittsford, click here, and get connected with someone you can trust to help you find your dream home.
Hey Friends, check out the real estate trends from Pittsford NY.
The last 30 days have seen 26 new properties for sale in Pittsford; there is a new property listed almost every day! Lots of opportunities for someone looking for their dream home! There are several home listed under 150k, and a few at over 500k- with lots of options in between; the average property price of homes listed in the last 30 days was just over 335k.
Properties have been selling quickly in Pittsford, NY! In the last 30 days, 57 properties were sold and became someone’s new home! Over 65% of the properties listed in our town were sold within their first month on the market; a great opportunity for sellers! We also noticed a slight increase in the average price paid for a Pittsford property in the last month; about 7%!
Interested in buying or selling your Pittsford home? Click here to get connected.