It’s the final countdown!! Taxes are due in just a couple of days, and Live in Pittsford NY is here to lend you some moral support if you haven’t filed yet!
1. YOU CAN DO IT!!! We know it is hard to get motivated to do them; let’s face it, taxes aren’t very fun. Why not come up with a reward once you’ve clicked that send button, or put that envelope in the mail! Stop by the Moonlight Creamery for a delicious treat!! Or make a movie date to see Captain America in Pittsford Plaza!
2. Get yourself organized! The awesome folks at TurboTax have a check list to get you started. Gather all your forms and info, and have them on-hand so you don’t have to go on a frustrating hunt right when you’re getting close to finishing!
3. These days many people prepare their taxes and file online; it is a great option if you are up for it! There are so many options out there; not sure where to start? The Kiplinger Report can help you weed through all the different programs and find the one that is your best fit! Active Duty Militray? Many companies allow you to prepare and file your Federal AND Sate for free!
4. Is there really no way to get them in on the 15th? The IRS has all the info you need to get an extension.
5. Double check! The IRS has a checklist of common errors made when preparing- easy things like printing clearly and checking to make sure your Social Security Number make a difference!!
Okay, time to dive in! You’ve got this; we believe in you!!
Did you know there are lots of tax deductions you can take advantage of as a home owner? Make 2014 be the year you finally buy your dream home! Click here to contact us.