Happy Holidays Pittsford! We’re hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is enjoying a nice long weekend full of family, food & fun (and, hey, a little football never hurt anyone either!). Now that Turkey Day is over, and we’ve had our fill of pumpkin pie, we’re ready to start dreaming of that White Christmas!
We’ve noticed that some people have already started decking their halls, but if you’re like many Americans, you are maybe just starting to get the boxes of Christmas decorations out of the attic!
Finding the Perfect Tree
1. Get that tree in water ASAP! And don’t forget to check the water level daily. To keep your tree from drying out, you want water in the stand at all times. Try keeping your tree away from lots of sunlight, or air vents, as this speeds up the drying process.
2. If you buy your tree pre-cut, don’t forget to take an inch or two off the bottom. Often pre-cut trees haven’t been watered properly, and have lost a lot of sap from the bottom.
3. Protect your tree on the drive home, you may even want to get a tarp to put over it, if it’ll be hanging out on your roof rack for awhile.
Want to get a fresh cut tree in Pittsford? Visit Powers Farm on Marsh Road! Then when you’re done, come sit by their roaring fireplace with a cup of hot cider and a delicious baked good! It is the perfect winter memory in the making!
Light displays can really make your home look festive! Here are some great tips for putting up the perfect display:
1. Safety first! Be careful while setting up your lights; use a good ladder, and have a spotter help you! And don’t forget to only use GFCI outlets & extension chords rated for outdoor use. You want beautiful twinkling lights, not sparks flying!
2. To save on energy costs, consider setting your lights on a timer- that way you won’t forget and leave them on all night. You might also invest in some LED lights, which will last longer & use less energy than the older strings.
3. Sometimes less is more! Instead of spending days lighting up your entire house, maybe focus on making one tree look spectacular! Having a single focal point can really make your lights stand out!!
Savor the Moment
We can get so caught up in this busy season, that we forget to just enjoy the holidays. Take some time to sit by the fire and enjoy a good book, or a conversation with your family. Once that tree is up, spend an evening playing a game in front of it. Once you’ve hung those lights, take a drive around town and see your neighborhood’s displays! It’s the most wonderful time of the year, after all! It’s time to enjoy!!!
If you are thinking about buying or selling a home, we’d love to help take the stress off! Contact us today, and let us know how we can help you.