Happy Holidays Pittsford! We’re hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is enjoying a nice long weekend full of family, food & fun (and, hey, a little football never hurt anyone either!). Now that Turkey Day is over, and we’ve had our fill of pumpkin pie, we’re ready to start dreaming of that White Christmas or any non-blizzard Christmas we can come up with. For some go-getters, it’s a holiday tradition to get the tree Thanksgiving Weekend so here’s our updated Perfect Christmas Tree Guide.
Finding the Perfect Tree
This year, make some memories with your family, and go find your perfect tree! Fresh cut trees are a lot of fun, smell great, and don’t have to be a lot of work. Here are some tips for keeping your tree green and lush through the New Year; some of the most important tips include:
1. Measure beforehand and choose the tree wisely. #freshnesstest
2. Get that tree in water ASAP! And don’t forget to check the water level daily. To keep your tree from drying out, you want water in the stand at all times. Try keeping your tree away from lots of sunlight, or air vents, as this speeds up the drying process.
2. If you buy your tree pre-cut, don’t forget to take an inch or two off the bottom. Often pre-cut trees haven’t been watered properly, and have lost a lot of sap from the bottom.
3. Protect your tree on the drive home, you may even want to get a tarp to put over it, if it’ll be hanging out on your roof rack for awhile.
Want to get a fresh cut tree in Pittsford? Visit Powers Farm on Marsh Road! Then when you’re done, come sit by their roaring fireplace with a cup of hot cider and a delicious baked good! It is the perfect winter memory in the making! Or consider a local boy scout troop! Troop 341 in Pittsford is ready!
As long as we are talking about trees, we might at well talk about lighLight displays can really make your home look festive! Here are some great tips for putting up the perfect display:
2. To save on energy costs, consider setting your lights on a timer- that way you won’t forget and leave them on all night. You might also invest in some LED lights, which will last longer & use less energy than the older strings.
3. Sometimes less is more! Instead of spending days lighting up your entire house, maybe focus on making one tree look spectacular! Having a single focal point can really make your lights stand out!!
It doesn’t take much to add a touch of happy holidays to the exterior of your home. We love these simple ideas from Pinterest:
If you are thinking about buying or selling a home, the holidays are a great time to make a move! Your home will show beautifully. Contact us today, and let us help to make your move merry and bright!