Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
We think Pittsford rocks.
We know you do too.
All right Pittsford Lovebirds, Valentine’s Day is exactly two weeks away! Don’t be one of those guys (or gals!) who wait until V-Day to get their sweetheart something. This year do a little planning, and make sure the special someone’s in your life feel the love. Not sure where to start? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered:
Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show your WHOLE family how much you love them; the kids included! Start the day off with a heart themed breakfast or spend some time together making Valentine cards for grandparents, aunts, uncles- whoever!!
And don’t let the cold keep you in! There are some great things to do out and about for the whole family:
• Free admission at the Seneca Park Zoo! For every adult entrance you buy, you get a youth admission free!
• Why not take the whole family and hit up the Rochester Public Market! Try to find new foods you’ve never eaten, and have a very adventurous afternoon picnic!!
• The Barnes & Noble in Pittsford Plaza is having a Valentine’s Day Story Time, just for younger kiddos. They’ll be featuring a special story by Elmo & your favorite Sesame Street characters! Free at 11 am.
We’re willing to bet you’ve got some of the best friends in the world! Why not find a special way to tell them how much they mean to you on Valentine’s Day? Visit the Cocoa Bean Shoppe with your best girlfriend (or guy friend, we love a good bro-mance!), and indulge in some major chocolate celebrating together! You might even sign up for one of their fabulous classes together- Truffle Making & Chocolate Tasting classes happen year round!
Or how about feeling like a kid again, and sending Valentine cards to all your friends? Pick up a box of your favorite character and make someone’s day! Have some time, and a little bit of creativity? There are TONS of Valentine’s ideas on Pinterest!
That Special Someone
And of course, Valentine’s Day is all about your special person who lights up your life and puts a smile on your face! Whether your love is new or well-seasoned, make sure they know how you feel about them this year!
You can’t go wrong with a beautiful bouquet, but this year maybe say a little more with your flower arrangement? Did you know that there is a secret language of flowers? Each bud or bloom has a meaning– want to tell your beloved that you think they are beautiful? Try an orchid. Have someone you secretly admire? A gardenia. Check out this list of flowers and what they mean, and then stop by the Pittsford Florist and have them create the perfect arrangement.
Want something more unique? We loves these gift ideas from DoDo:
We’re wishing all our friends in Pittsford a very happy Valentine’s Day. If you, or someone you know, is thinking of making a move to our town- we’d love to help! Contact Pittsford’s Realtor; Christina Feck!
Happy winter Pittsford! We live in a great community, where we can enjoy the best that all four seasons has to offer! During these chilly months, you & your family can enjoy anything from sledding to ice skating; snowman building & snowball fights! And, hey, while you’re at it? Why not enlist the kids to help you shovel the driveway!? Some awesome family memories can be made in the snow- not to mention coming inside to warm up together!!
Nothing warms a kid up like a steaming mug of hot cocoa! But with so many chilly days, it’s easy to get tired of the same old hot chocolate packet! Next time your family enjoys the cold weather, why not try upping your cocoa game?? The possibilities are endless; here are some suggestions to get you started:
Hot Chocolate Base Recipes:
- Milk Hot Chocolate– an Epicurious recipe for a more traditional cup of coca!
- Dark Hot Chocolate– for something a little more decadent, try this recipe from Martha Stewart!
- White Hot Chocolate– why not try something totally different with this Food Network recipe!
Or maybe you want to let someone do the work for you?? We’ve scouted around town for the best hot chocolate in Pittsford. Be sure to check out:
- The Cocoa Bean Shoppe… okay, technically, you’ll still have to mix this hot chocolate yourself, but it is TO DIE FOR!! They have several varities of “drinking chocolate,” and you’ll want to try them all!! Be sure to check them out for ALL their delicious chocolaty items!
- The Pittsford Dairy’s chocolate milk is also makes one of the best hot chocolates around! Java Joe’s steams it up, and it is liquid heaven!
- Starbucks also happens to make a great cup of hot chocolate, and offers many varieties- so whether your a traditionalist, or want to jazz it up with mint or sea salt & caramel, they will hit the spot!
Are you looking for a winter wonderland to call your own? Let Christina Feck help you find the perfect Pittsford property for you & your family. Click here to get connected- she’s Pittsford’s Realtor!
So, how did we finish out two thousand-fourteen?
Here are your Pittsford real estate numbers for the end of the year:
In the last 60 days, we saw 35 properties close at 96% of their asking price. That’s a new Pittsford home owner every other day!! From November until December we saw a slight decline in the average sale price here in P town, which is good news for buyers. But don’t let that get you down sellers! From December until January, we’ve seen an increase of about 8%!
Currently there are just under 100 properties active in the Pittsford market, with the median asking price at 375k. We’ve got 30 homes under contract, with an average of about 35 days on the market. The market certainly slowed down a little towards the end of the year, but these numbers are pretty healthy for the holidays.
So, what is twenty-fifteen going to bring?
Marketwatch.com reports the real estate trends to watch in the coming year. Highlights include:
Despite a healthier economy, experts predict that interest rates will stay low for the year. This means if you’ve been considering a move, there is no time like the present! Low rates don’t last forever, but for the time being, a new property might be a great investment. We may see rates increase slightly, but we’re not expecting them to exceed 5%.
And, hey, have you noticed the gas pump hasn’t been hitting your wallet as hard lately? Not only are lower fuel prices great for our bank accounts, they are also great for the real estate market! If lower gas prices become a trend for the next couple of years, we are likely to see a boom in the market. People will have more flexibility with their finances, and home ownership can become a reality for many families!
Are you interested in what will become trendy this year in the world of interior design? Realtor Mag has some great insight on design trends to watch for:
• Sherwin-Williams picked Coral as its color of the year! This bright hue is said to represent the optimism people are feeling around the nation!
• Charging stations in the home are not only becoming more popular, with our technology dependence they are becoming a necessity. When buying a home, look for a spot your family will be able to easily charge all their devices!
• We’ve seen different metal finishes make comebacks in recent years, the trend for 2015? Copper! Look for ways to incorporate this style in your home by featuring it in your kitchen or home office!
What are your real estate plans for the year? Christina Feck is here to help you meet your goals; whether you are looking to buy or sell, she’s got the experience you need on your side! Click here to get connected.
Happy New Year to all our friends in Pittsford NY! We hope that you had a great holiday & are looking forward to the year ahead! This time of year many Americans set a goal or make a resolution; the new year just seems like a great time to start something awesome or start working toward that goal! If you haven’t already made your New Year’s resolution, we’ve got some ideas for you!
Have a Healthy New Year
Losing weight is by far the most common New Year’s Resolution, and after the holidays many of us have packed on a few unwanted pounds. The new year is a great time to drop a pant size & be ready for bathing suit weather come summer!! Even if you aren’t overweight, getting healthy is a great priority! Eating well & exercising are great for your overall health! Your doctor will be proud!
One of the best ways to stick to any resolution, especially getting healthy, is getting accountability! Find someone who will partner with you; a spouse, family member or friend who can work with you (and celebrate those victories with you!!). You’ll be less likely to give up when the going gets tough!
There are also some great area gyms that have the equipment & trainers you need to meet your fitness goals; check out:
Crossfit Rochester– Crossfit is a really popular option & this gym has a great community!
Rochester Athletic Club for Women– a great option if you are looking for a ladies only gym!
Sweat Gym & Fitness– lots of great classes to choose from; many not offered at most gyms!
Give Back to Your Community
Another popular resolution- that we absolutely love- is finding volunteer opportunities! And you can find some great organizations right here in Pittsford! Do you have a skill? Or maybe just a little free time to lend a listening ear? You’d make a great volunteer!! There are several great websites that can hook you up with people and organizations in need; we personally love Community Wish Book and Volunteer Match. This year, give back!
Spend More Time With the Family
Let’s face it; life is busy! With school, sports, music, work, chores, errands, and everything else, our lives can be so hectic! Quality time with our families isn’t something we always make time for- and that can be a great resolution! Your kids would love some extra time with mom or dad, or other family member!
Rochester Kids Out & About is a great resource for finding activities for all ages! They even post a whole lot of free events! Setting aside even one day a month for some family time, will bring your whole household together!
Or, maybe this is the year you go big!? Finally plan that epic family vacation you’ve been dreaming of! Whether it’s a cross country adventure, a camping weekend, or some time at the beach? Your family will make memories that will last a lifetime.
Sell Your House
Here are 5 great resolutions you should make this year if you are planning on buying a home. But the most important resolution you can make is finding the right agent. Christina Feck is Pittsford’s realtor, and she would love to help you buy or sell- contact her today!
It’s the most stressful time of the year! The holidays can be a whole lot of fun; family & friends, decorations, presents & delicious dinners and desserts. What’s not to love? Except that all of that fun can also put a whole lot of stress on you! Even the idea of buying or selling a home this time of year is inconceivable for most people- the holidays are stressful enough as it is!
What if we told you that selling your home, or buying your dream house didn’t have to put a strain on your holidays! We are here to help you, and make your real estate adventure… dare we say it!? FUN!!!
Here are your monthly Pittsford market numbers:
- There are currently just shy of 115 properties for sale in the town of Greece, ranging from 129k up to 1.4 million- with everything in between! The average price is 332k, but we’d love to help you find the perfect home for your budget!
- Of the 34 homes that are under contract, they were on the market for an average of 27 days- less than a month! Properties in Pittsford often go quickly!
- In the last 90 days 73 properties have sold at 95% of the asking price; we’ve seen about a 10% increase in average sale price in the last quarter of the year. Now is a great time to sell, if you’ve been day dreaming about that upgrade!
- Often some elbow grease ahead of time, can help your home sell faster. Been meaning to freshen up some paint? Carpets need cleaning? Time to declutter? Doing these ahead of time will really help put your best foot forward when showing to potential buyers. Not sure where to start? Your agent is a great resource!
- Landscaping makes a huge impression on potential buyers- but this time of year, it’s hard to show your yard off! Make the most of it, and keep snow shoveled on your drive & walkways. Have a deck? Make sure that is cleared off too!
- With so little daylight during the winter, try to keep lights glowing when you have potential buyers. Making your home feel warm and inviting in during the cold winter months, can make a huge difference!
The two best things you can do before you buy a home are to get pre approved for your mortgage & to find a great agent to work with. Knowing what you can afford & having a smart budget before you start looking can help you look realistically at your options. It can save a lot of heartache by making sure the homes you look at, are within your reach.
And enjoy the process! Dreaming and planning your new home can be a whole lot of fun!
Less than two weeks until Christmas, and you’re still struggling with picking out those gift? You don’t have to wait until the final countdown, fighting the crowds on Christmas Eve. We’re here to help you tackle your gift list with some great ideas for you- many of which you can buy locally!
For the Kids
Let’s face it- kids get a lot of toys at Christmas… and a few weeks later, those toys sit forgotten on a shelf. Why not give the kid in your life something more unique this Christmas?! Give the gift of experience. There are so many amazing places in our area for kids to learn & grow- make some memories that will last a lifetime. Pick up a gift certificate to Skyzone and spend a few hours bouncing with your family. Get them a pair of ice skates, and plan a trip to Thomas Creek Ice Arena. Have a little sports fan? Get some tickets to a local game & cheer on the Amerks this season, or the Red Wings this spring- both teams have some great holiday packages for sale!
Have someone who lives out of town on your gift list this year? Let them know what they are missing- Rochester Rocks! We’ve got great local artists, delicious food & Genny beer! Dinosaur BBQ & High Falls. What’s not to love!? Check out Simply New York Marketplace & Gifts. Featuring all sorts of items produced in good old New York, and lots of things made here in Rochester! It’s a cool shop, stop by and see for yourself! Don’t forget to “like” them on Facebook to stay updated on events too!
The holidays are a great time to remind your sweetheart how much you love them! Why not get a little creative this year, and MAKE a gift!? Pintrest is FULL of some great ideas! We love this idea- a Year of Creative Dates. Plan some date nights & day trips with your significant other, it will be a gift they can enjoy all year long! Or let the Pietropaoli’s help you pick the perfect piece of jewelry handmade here in Pittsford! We love her designs!
Living in Pittsford is such a GIFT! Want to become part of the great community? We’d love to talk to you; the perfect Pittsford home is just a click away!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… but, it can also be one of the most stressful times of the year, too! Not only can the holidays be a busy & stressful time for us, it can be for our pets as well. New routines, visitors, all sorts of decorations around- all these things can upset your pet.
We’ve got some tips to keep your buddy safe & happy this holiday season!
Many pet owners have a holiday horror story of when their furry friend ate something they shouldn’t have. Many of the foods we eat won’t hurt Fido or Fluffy one bit, but there are some things on the pet-food-naughty-list:
- Chocolate- most dog owners know this is a huge no-no!
- Turkey bones- dogs love bones, right!? Well turkey and other poultry bones have the potential to be a serious chocking risk!
- Pumpkin is a great treat for your pet… but skip the pumpkin pie! Nutmeg is not good for your pet!!!
- Holiday plants… from poinsettias to holly to evergreen needles… all these things can upset your pets tummy or worse!
Don’t forget other potential risks for your pet around the home. Decorations like ornaments and tinsel can look like a great chew toy or delicious treat to a pet, but can cause serious complications!! Keep those decorations out of reach to make sure they don’t become a dangerous snack! For more tips check out the ASPCA website.
If your pet DOES get into something they shouldn’t, here are some handy numbers:
Pet Poison Control: (888) 426-4435 – be aware, this is NOT a free call.
Animal Hospital of Pittsford: (585) 271-7700 – a great local vet!
Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Service: (585) 424-1277 – 24 hour emergency care!
We know that your pet is part of your family. Are you thinking of making a move? We’d love to help you find your dream home in Pittsford– one that works for you & your fur babies! Need a fenced yard? Somewhere with sidewalks? We can help you find what you’re looking for!
Happy Saturday Pittsford!! Jack Frost certainly made his presence known this week! Winter tends to be a slower season for real estate, but don’t let that stop you from house hunting, or putting your home on the market!
Here’s what we’ve been seeing in the Pittsford market lately:
- In the last 60 days, over 50 homes have gone under contract; they have been selling at around 96% of their asking price.
- The average sale price remained steady from September to October, but we are starting to see a slight increase the first couple weeks of November.
There are currently 150 active listings here in Pittsford; with this selection, you are sure to find the perfect home! The average asking price is 321k, but we are starting to see a lot of activity with properties under the 250 mark. And with interest rates still low, buyers are in a great position to find their dream home!! Get out there, and find the perfect house for you & your family; we’d love to help you narrow down the field! And just think! If you buy a home this holiday season, you’ll be all settled and ready to enjoy your summer vacation!!!
A lot of people don’t want to try to sell their house near the end of the year- we can understand that, who wants the added stress of selling a home over the holidays? But did you know there are some great advantages to selling your property in November or December?
- You have less competition. In the winter months, inventory is lower, which can result in a higher average sale price!
- The people who look for a new home during the holidays are usually pretty motivated buyers. Maybe they want to take advantage of a year-end tax break, or are starting a new job at the first of the year. You’re looking at serious buyers, who won’t waste your time!
- Your home is full of holiday cheer! You have the unique opportunity to paint a picture of what beautiful holidays could look like in your home. Tasteful decorations, maybe a fire going in the fireplace, smells of Christmas cookies baking- all these create an atmosphere that buyers love!
Ready to buy or sell a Pittsford home? Let Christina Feck help; you’ll be surprised how stress-free real estate can be!
Thanksgiving is less than 3 WEEKS AWAY! And we couldn’t be more excited! Now’s the time to get your Thanksgiving prep started & we’ve got some ideas for you.
No matter your skills in the kitchen, Wegmans is your one-stop-shop for a Thanksgiving dinner. They have all the fix’ins for your feast & their website is a great guide to help you plan your menu. They even have the option of ordering a complete, pre-cooked holiday meal. Can you imagine being able to celebrate the day, and not worry about what’s going on in the kitchen!?
Plan on cooking Thanksgiving dinner yourself!? We love this timeline from William Sonoma! It will help you stay on track, so you can be a little less frazzled the day-of. Don’t wait! You can get started on some of your prep now!
Thanksgiving is about family, friends, football & food. But it is also a great opportunity to get out & serve our community:
- When you’re doing your grocery shopping, pick up something extra for a local food shelf. The Pittsford Food Cupboard, is a great local resource for our community, visit their website to see how you can help!
- Take some time and visit the folks at the Highlands at Pittsford. Or call area hospitals and nursing homes, and ask if there is someone in need of company this Thanksgiving.
We have so much to be grateful for, and we are especially thankful to live in a town as great as Pittsford. We are thankful for our neighbors & that we live in a community that cares for one another. We are thankful for great public schools & that our children get one of the best educations in the nation. We are thankful for our police force, fire fighters & EMTs who give so much to protect us. What a wonderful place to live!
Looking for a new home this holiday season? We can think of no better place to settle down than Pittsford, NY. We’d love to help you find your dream home- contact Christina Feck today!