It’s the most stressful time of the year! The holidays can be a whole lot of fun; family & friends, decorations, presents & delicious dinners and desserts. What’s not to love? Except that all of that fun can also put a whole lot of stress on you! Even the idea of buying or selling a home this time of year is inconceivable for most people- the holidays are stressful enough as it is!
What if we told you that selling your home, or buying your dream house didn’t have to put a strain on your holidays! We are here to help you, and make your real estate adventure… dare we say it!? FUN!!!
Here are your monthly Pittsford market numbers:
- There are currently just shy of 115 properties for sale in the town of Greece, ranging from 129k up to 1.4 million- with everything in between! The average price is 332k, but we’d love to help you find the perfect home for your budget!
- Of the 34 homes that are under contract, they were on the market for an average of 27 days- less than a month! Properties in Pittsford often go quickly!
- In the last 90 days 73 properties have sold at 95% of the asking price; we’ve seen about a 10% increase in average sale price in the last quarter of the year. Now is a great time to sell, if you’ve been day dreaming about that upgrade!
- Often some elbow grease ahead of time, can help your home sell faster. Been meaning to freshen up some paint? Carpets need cleaning? Time to declutter? Doing these ahead of time will really help put your best foot forward when showing to potential buyers. Not sure where to start? Your agent is a great resource!
- Landscaping makes a huge impression on potential buyers- but this time of year, it’s hard to show your yard off! Make the most of it, and keep snow shoveled on your drive & walkways. Have a deck? Make sure that is cleared off too!
- With so little daylight during the winter, try to keep lights glowing when you have potential buyers. Making your home feel warm and inviting in during the cold winter months, can make a huge difference!
The two best things you can do before you buy a home are to get pre approved for your mortgage & to find a great agent to work with. Knowing what you can afford & having a smart budget before you start looking can help you look realistically at your options. It can save a lot of heartache by making sure the homes you look at, are within your reach.
And enjoy the process! Dreaming and planning your new home can be a whole lot of fun!
Happy Saturday Pittsford!! Jack Frost certainly made his presence known this week! Winter tends to be a slower season for real estate, but don’t let that stop you from house hunting, or putting your home on the market!
Here’s what we’ve been seeing in the Pittsford market lately:
- In the last 60 days, over 50 homes have gone under contract; they have been selling at around 96% of their asking price.
- The average sale price remained steady from September to October, but we are starting to see a slight increase the first couple weeks of November.
There are currently 150 active listings here in Pittsford; with this selection, you are sure to find the perfect home! The average asking price is 321k, but we are starting to see a lot of activity with properties under the 250 mark. And with interest rates still low, buyers are in a great position to find their dream home!! Get out there, and find the perfect house for you & your family; we’d love to help you narrow down the field! And just think! If you buy a home this holiday season, you’ll be all settled and ready to enjoy your summer vacation!!!
A lot of people don’t want to try to sell their house near the end of the year- we can understand that, who wants the added stress of selling a home over the holidays? But did you know there are some great advantages to selling your property in November or December?
- You have less competition. In the winter months, inventory is lower, which can result in a higher average sale price!
- The people who look for a new home during the holidays are usually pretty motivated buyers. Maybe they want to take advantage of a year-end tax break, or are starting a new job at the first of the year. You’re looking at serious buyers, who won’t waste your time!
- Your home is full of holiday cheer! You have the unique opportunity to paint a picture of what beautiful holidays could look like in your home. Tasteful decorations, maybe a fire going in the fireplace, smells of Christmas cookies baking- all these create an atmosphere that buyers love!
Ready to buy or sell a Pittsford home? Let Christina Feck help; you’ll be surprised how stress-free real estate can be!
We love our community, and the awesome people who live here. Pittsford is one of the most sought after towns in our area, and that comes as no surprise to us! From our stellar schools, to our local shops, to our active community- we’ve got it all! Are you thinking of making a Pittsford move? We’ve got some real estate marketing insights for you:
There are currently over 150 properties for sale in the Pittsford area; so many opportunities to make your dream home a reality! Think the Pittsford-price-point is out of your range? Don’t think you can’t afford a house on the east side? Think again; there are some wonderful properties here under 150k. If you are looking for something more, there are a wide range of homes listed between 150 thousand and just over a million. There is truly something for everyone.
Hey Friends, check out the real estate trends from Pittsford NY.
The last 30 days have seen 26 new properties for sale in Pittsford; there is a new property listed almost every day! Lots of opportunities for someone looking for their dream home! There are several home listed under 150k, and a few at over 500k- with lots of options in between; the average property price of homes listed in the last 30 days was just over 335k.
Properties have been selling quickly in Pittsford, NY! In the last 30 days, 57 properties were sold and became someone’s new home! Over 65% of the properties listed in our town were sold within their first month on the market; a great opportunity for sellers! We also noticed a slight increase in the average price paid for a Pittsford property in the last month; about 7%!
Interested in buying or selling your Pittsford home? Click here to get connected.