Happy Saturday Pittsford!! Jack Frost certainly made his presence known this week! Winter tends to be a slower season for real estate, but don’t let that stop you from house hunting, or putting your home on the market!
Here’s what we’ve been seeing in the Pittsford market lately:
- In the last 60 days, over 50 homes have gone under contract; they have been selling at around 96% of their asking price.
- The average sale price remained steady from September to October, but we are starting to see a slight increase the first couple weeks of November.
There are currently 150 active listings here in Pittsford; with this selection, you are sure to find the perfect home! The average asking price is 321k, but we are starting to see a lot of activity with properties under the 250 mark. And with interest rates still low, buyers are in a great position to find their dream home!! Get out there, and find the perfect house for you & your family; we’d love to help you narrow down the field! And just think! If you buy a home this holiday season, you’ll be all settled and ready to enjoy your summer vacation!!!
A lot of people don’t want to try to sell their house near the end of the year- we can understand that, who wants the added stress of selling a home over the holidays? But did you know there are some great advantages to selling your property in November or December?
- You have less competition. In the winter months, inventory is lower, which can result in a higher average sale price!
- The people who look for a new home during the holidays are usually pretty motivated buyers. Maybe they want to take advantage of a year-end tax break, or are starting a new job at the first of the year. You’re looking at serious buyers, who won’t waste your time!
- Your home is full of holiday cheer! You have the unique opportunity to paint a picture of what beautiful holidays could look like in your home. Tasteful decorations, maybe a fire going in the fireplace, smells of Christmas cookies baking- all these create an atmosphere that buyers love!
Ready to buy or sell a Pittsford home? Let Christina Feck help; you’ll be surprised how stress-free real estate can be!