When it comes to the holiday goodies, everyone will be looking for the classic cookie. With this dish, you will be the crowd pleaser and the stomach fulfiller!
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Now, what other way to kick off the holidays than with a classic chocolate chip cookie? No matter who we are or where we are from, this universal treat is sure to be loved by every person at your gathering! One of the most popular recipes circling the internet is the “Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie!” With over 16K successful attempts and over 8,000 reviews (with an average of 4.5 stars), this is definitely a great place to start. You’ll be sure to impress with this extravagant rendition of a holiday classic.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F, and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together, then set aside.
- Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended in a medium bowl. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until it is creamy and light. Mix this with the sifted ingredients until everything is blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (by hand) by using a wooden spoon. Drop the cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the cookie sheets you prepared. Make sure the cookies are about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven (or until edges are lightly toasted). Sit to cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before taking them off to cool more.
Are you going to try this recipe? Tag @liveinpittsfordny with a picture of your cookies, and let others know what you thought! ‘Tis the season for great cookies, and ’tis the season for making dreams come true. Have a dream home in mind? Contact me today!