It’s the most stressful time of the year! The holidays can be a whole lot of fun; family & friends, decorations, presents & delicious dinners and desserts. What’s not to love? Except that all of that fun can also put a whole lot of stress on you! Even the idea of buying or selling a home this time of year is inconceivable for most people- the holidays are stressful enough as it is!
What if we told you that selling your home, or buying your dream house didn’t have to put a strain on your holidays! We are here to help you, and make your real estate adventure… dare we say it!? FUN!!!
Here are your monthly Pittsford market numbers:
- There are currently just shy of 115 properties for sale in the town of Greece, ranging from 129k up to 1.4 million- with everything in between! The average price is 332k, but we’d love to help you find the perfect home for your budget!
- Of the 34 homes that are under contract, they were on the market for an average of 27 days- less than a month! Properties in Pittsford often go quickly!
- In the last 90 days 73 properties have sold at 95% of the asking price; we’ve seen about a 10% increase in average sale price in the last quarter of the year. Now is a great time to sell, if you’ve been day dreaming about that upgrade!
- Often some elbow grease ahead of time, can help your home sell faster. Been meaning to freshen up some paint? Carpets need cleaning? Time to declutter? Doing these ahead of time will really help put your best foot forward when showing to potential buyers. Not sure where to start? Your agent is a great resource!
- Landscaping makes a huge impression on potential buyers- but this time of year, it’s hard to show your yard off! Make the most of it, and keep snow shoveled on your drive & walkways. Have a deck? Make sure that is cleared off too!
- With so little daylight during the winter, try to keep lights glowing when you have potential buyers. Making your home feel warm and inviting in during the cold winter months, can make a huge difference!
The two best things you can do before you buy a home are to get pre approved for your mortgage & to find a great agent to work with. Knowing what you can afford & having a smart budget before you start looking can help you look realistically at your options. It can save a lot of heartache by making sure the homes you look at, are within your reach.
And enjoy the process! Dreaming and planning your new home can be a whole lot of fun!
Less than two weeks until Christmas, and you’re still struggling with picking out those gift? You don’t have to wait until the final countdown, fighting the crowds on Christmas Eve. We’re here to help you tackle your gift list with some great ideas for you- many of which you can buy locally!
For the Kids
Let’s face it- kids get a lot of toys at Christmas… and a few weeks later, those toys sit forgotten on a shelf. Why not give the kid in your life something more unique this Christmas?! Give the gift of experience. There are so many amazing places in our area for kids to learn & grow- make some memories that will last a lifetime. Pick up a gift certificate to Skyzone and spend a few hours bouncing with your family. Get them a pair of ice skates, and plan a trip to Thomas Creek Ice Arena. Have a little sports fan? Get some tickets to a local game & cheer on the Amerks this season, or the Red Wings this spring- both teams have some great holiday packages for sale!
Have someone who lives out of town on your gift list this year? Let them know what they are missing- Rochester Rocks! We’ve got great local artists, delicious food & Genny beer! Dinosaur BBQ & High Falls. What’s not to love!? Check out Simply New York Marketplace & Gifts. Featuring all sorts of items produced in good old New York, and lots of things made here in Rochester! It’s a cool shop, stop by and see for yourself! Don’t forget to “like” them on Facebook to stay updated on events too!
The holidays are a great time to remind your sweetheart how much you love them! Why not get a little creative this year, and MAKE a gift!? Pintrest is FULL of some great ideas! We love this idea- a Year of Creative Dates. Plan some date nights & day trips with your significant other, it will be a gift they can enjoy all year long! Or let the Pietropaoli’s help you pick the perfect piece of jewelry handmade here in Pittsford! We love her designs!
Living in Pittsford is such a GIFT! Want to become part of the great community? We’d love to talk to you; the perfect Pittsford home is just a click away!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… but, it can also be one of the most stressful times of the year, too! Not only can the holidays be a busy & stressful time for us, it can be for our pets as well. New routines, visitors, all sorts of decorations around- all these things can upset your pet.
We’ve got some tips to keep your buddy safe & happy this holiday season!
Many pet owners have a holiday horror story of when their furry friend ate something they shouldn’t have. Many of the foods we eat won’t hurt Fido or Fluffy one bit, but there are some things on the pet-food-naughty-list:
- Chocolate- most dog owners know this is a huge no-no!
- Turkey bones- dogs love bones, right!? Well turkey and other poultry bones have the potential to be a serious chocking risk!
- Pumpkin is a great treat for your pet… but skip the pumpkin pie! Nutmeg is not good for your pet!!!
- Holiday plants… from poinsettias to holly to evergreen needles… all these things can upset your pets tummy or worse!
Don’t forget other potential risks for your pet around the home. Decorations like ornaments and tinsel can look like a great chew toy or delicious treat to a pet, but can cause serious complications!! Keep those decorations out of reach to make sure they don’t become a dangerous snack! For more tips check out the ASPCA website.
If your pet DOES get into something they shouldn’t, here are some handy numbers:
Pet Poison Control: (888) 426-4435 – be aware, this is NOT a free call.
Animal Hospital of Pittsford: (585) 271-7700 – a great local vet!
Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Service: (585) 424-1277 – 24 hour emergency care!
We know that your pet is part of your family. Are you thinking of making a move? We’d love to help you find your dream home in Pittsford– one that works for you & your fur babies! Need a fenced yard? Somewhere with sidewalks? We can help you find what you’re looking for!
Happy Saturday Pittsford!! Jack Frost certainly made his presence known this week! Winter tends to be a slower season for real estate, but don’t let that stop you from house hunting, or putting your home on the market!
Here’s what we’ve been seeing in the Pittsford market lately:
- In the last 60 days, over 50 homes have gone under contract; they have been selling at around 96% of their asking price.
- The average sale price remained steady from September to October, but we are starting to see a slight increase the first couple weeks of November.
There are currently 150 active listings here in Pittsford; with this selection, you are sure to find the perfect home! The average asking price is 321k, but we are starting to see a lot of activity with properties under the 250 mark. And with interest rates still low, buyers are in a great position to find their dream home!! Get out there, and find the perfect house for you & your family; we’d love to help you narrow down the field! And just think! If you buy a home this holiday season, you’ll be all settled and ready to enjoy your summer vacation!!!
A lot of people don’t want to try to sell their house near the end of the year- we can understand that, who wants the added stress of selling a home over the holidays? But did you know there are some great advantages to selling your property in November or December?
- You have less competition. In the winter months, inventory is lower, which can result in a higher average sale price!
- The people who look for a new home during the holidays are usually pretty motivated buyers. Maybe they want to take advantage of a year-end tax break, or are starting a new job at the first of the year. You’re looking at serious buyers, who won’t waste your time!
- Your home is full of holiday cheer! You have the unique opportunity to paint a picture of what beautiful holidays could look like in your home. Tasteful decorations, maybe a fire going in the fireplace, smells of Christmas cookies baking- all these create an atmosphere that buyers love!
Ready to buy or sell a Pittsford home? Let Christina Feck help; you’ll be surprised how stress-free real estate can be!
Thanksgiving is less than 3 WEEKS AWAY! And we couldn’t be more excited! Now’s the time to get your Thanksgiving prep started & we’ve got some ideas for you.
No matter your skills in the kitchen, Wegmans is your one-stop-shop for a Thanksgiving dinner. They have all the fix’ins for your feast & their website is a great guide to help you plan your menu. They even have the option of ordering a complete, pre-cooked holiday meal. Can you imagine being able to celebrate the day, and not worry about what’s going on in the kitchen!?
Plan on cooking Thanksgiving dinner yourself!? We love this timeline from William Sonoma! It will help you stay on track, so you can be a little less frazzled the day-of. Don’t wait! You can get started on some of your prep now!
Thanksgiving is about family, friends, football & food. But it is also a great opportunity to get out & serve our community:
- When you’re doing your grocery shopping, pick up something extra for a local food shelf. The Pittsford Food Cupboard, is a great local resource for our community, visit their website to see how you can help!
- Take some time and visit the folks at the Highlands at Pittsford. Or call area hospitals and nursing homes, and ask if there is someone in need of company this Thanksgiving.
We have so much to be grateful for, and we are especially thankful to live in a town as great as Pittsford. We are thankful for our neighbors & that we live in a community that cares for one another. We are thankful for great public schools & that our children get one of the best educations in the nation. We are thankful for our police force, fire fighters & EMTs who give so much to protect us. What a wonderful place to live!
Looking for a new home this holiday season? We can think of no better place to settle down than Pittsford, NY. We’d love to help you find your dream home- contact Christina Feck today!
Raise your hand if your New Year’s Resolution was to exercise more or to get into better shape!? According to statisticsbrain.com, you’re not alone! The #1 resolution for 2014 is to lose weight! So, now’s the time to get started!
Looking for a fun, new way to burn those calories? Genesee Waterways is sponsoring a FREE taste of rowing day, THIS SATURDAY!
They say that indoor rowing will give you an “effective cross-training workout… It is smooth, impact-free, rhythmic and exhilarating.” Indoor rowing will give you a great cardio workout, while strengthening your muscles, without killing your knees!
This event is free and open to the public; participants must be at least 14 years old.
Taste of Rowing
11:00 am – 12:30 pm
What was your resolution? How are you going to achieve it!?
Looking to buy or sell a home in Pittsford, NY this year? Click here!
Looking to get the kids out of the house on New Years Eve? Join the Southeast YMCA for their Family FUN Bash!
The evening is full of great activities for everyone- a pizza dinner, swimming, a photo booth, bounce houses & inflatables. Not to mention family crafts and games all evening, and the evening ends with a pinata! One family will even win a zoo membership!! All activities are included in the cost of admission:
$16 per person, or $60 per family (maximum of 6)… YMCA members get a discount; $12 per person or $45 for the family.
Don’t forget to bring:
Your swimsuit & towel for the pool
Socks for the inflatables
The evening ends at 9, so you can celebrate with your family, wear out the kids & have them in bed well before midnight!! Give you & your’s a chance to spend some quality time one-on-one later!!
For more info, visit the YMCA’s website or call 585-385-4665
Interested in buying or selling a home in Pittsford? Click here to get started.
Hey Friends, check out the real estate trends from Pittsford NY.
The last 30 days have seen 26 new properties for sale in Pittsford; there is a new property listed almost every day! Lots of opportunities for someone looking for their dream home! There are several home listed under 150k, and a few at over 500k- with lots of options in between; the average property price of homes listed in the last 30 days was just over 335k.
Properties have been selling quickly in Pittsford, NY! In the last 30 days, 57 properties were sold and became someone’s new home! Over 65% of the properties listed in our town were sold within their first month on the market; a great opportunity for sellers! We also noticed a slight increase in the average price paid for a Pittsford property in the last month; about 7%!
Interested in buying or selling your Pittsford home? Click here to get connected.
Looking for a new way to keep active during these next cold months? Come to Medved Running & Walking Outfitters this Saturday to get your winter-work-out started!
Medved, our local running/walking outfitters will be hosting an open house. Come find out about the different running groups & programs they offer. No matter your fitness level; whether you want to run a 5K or a full marathon they have a program for you! They are also offering special winter groups & programs for snowshoe-ers!
As part of their open house they’ll be hold several clinics throughout the day:
- 10 am: How to Start Snowshoe Running / Winter Training Program Info Meeting
- 11 am: How to Dress for Winter Training
- 12 pm: Self Defense for Runners
Visit their website for more information!
Medved Winter Open House
November 30th 9 am – 6 pm
3400 Monroe Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Want to live in Pittsford? Click here.
LiveinPittsfordNY is pleased to introduce Christina Feck. A lifelong resident of the Rochester area, Chris and her husband moved to Pittsford when they started their family. They were first drawn to our town because of Pittsford Schools, but “after settling in, quickly fell in love with everything Pittsford had to offer.”
The Fecks and their two children (Hannah, age 10 and Justin, age 7) love life here in Pittsford. One of their favorite family events is Candlelight Night, which kicks off the holiday season for our town. During Candlelight Night residents gather in the Village of Pittsford for holiday fun; caroling, horse-drawn wagon rides and visits with Santa. It all culminates with the lighting of the village Christmas trees. This year the candlelight celebration is taking place on December 3rd.
When she’s not out & about in Pittsford, you can find Christina at The Cannan Team of Re/Max Plus where she works as a sales associate & buyer specialist. Be sure to contact her if you know someone who’s looking to move to our great town!!
Some of Christina’s Pittsford Favorites:
Breakfast Spot- The Coal Tower for their good food & great atmosphere
Lunch Spot- Fruit & Salad where the “food is excellent and the service is top”
Dinner Spot- Black & Blue, for a delicious steak at an upscale restaurant.
Coffee Spot- Canal Town Coffee
What to do if you’re new to Pittsford- Walk on the canal & check out Pittsford Plaza for some shopping or dining!
With great neighbors like the Fecks, you’ll want to live in Pittsford! For more info click here.