Happy SPRING weekend Pittsford!!! We hope that you’ve been getting out and enjoying these GORGEOUS days! As much as we love Spring and warm weather, there is one unwelcome aspect of the season: allergies. If you are like 30% of American adults, you suffer from seasonal allergies. We’re here to help you conquer the pollen, so you can get out & enjoy the outdoors!!
Web MD has some great tips for ways to fight seasonal allergies without medication. Some ideas include:
-The shower can be your best friend! If you’ve had an allergy attack, rinsing all the pollen off in a bath or shower can bring you tons of relief!! Be sure to put on clean clothes when you are done, as pollen can be easily tracked in.
–Use a nasal rinse! Okay, we know that sounds kind of gross, but it really can do wonders for clearing up sinus pressure and congestion. There are several options available your favorite Greece pharmacy!
-Drink more fluids! Isn’t that the answer for everything!? Fluids will help clear congestion; for an added boost drink something warm like tea! The steam will pack an even more effective allergy punch!
Check out their complete list here.
- You may consider asking your doctor for a referral to get an allergy test. Finding out exactly what triggers your allergies can really help you deal with them. What an allergist can tell you might surprise you!
- If your seasonal allergies have got your nose running, treat it right with some luxury tissues! The bargain brand is good for every day, but if you are blowing your nose constantly, choosing a tissue with your comfort in mind can make a huge difference!!
- Use the recirculate feature on your car’s ventilation; it’ll keep those impending pollen dust storms out of your vehicle, and out of your system!!
- Do a little spring cleaning; getting that dust up may help you fight those allergies. And while you’re at it, change your furnace & A/C filters!!
- Did you know that you can check the pollen count online? Take a look at the start of the day, and plan accordingly. High pollen count for the day!? Maybe take the kids to the museum instead of the park. Check pollen counts here.
Now get out there and enjoy spring!!!!!
Pittsford NY is a great place to live YEAR ROUND! Want to see all the great things our town has to offer? We’d love to show you!